Little Rock, United States
HELLO LITTLE ROCK
Little Rock, the capital of Arkansas, is a city on the Arkansas River. Little Rock City is famous due to the large rock formations that are visible and scattered throughout the surrounding area. Little Rock City actually formed through mountain building events known as orogenies. People travel to Little Rock City for camping, hiking, picnics, biking, and rock climbing.
Places to visit-
- Arkansas State Capitol-It is one of the top Little Rock attractions and made of limestone and marble.
- Museum Of Discovery- It is the oldest museum in the city. Its collection contains 14,000 historical and cultural artifacts.
- Big Dam Bridge- It is the longest bicycle and pedestrian bridge in the country that was especially built for that purpose.
- River Rail Electric Streetcar- If you are wondering what to do in Little Rock with kids, this is a fun way to explore the city.
- ESSE Purse Museum- It is the only museum in the United States that is exclusively dedicated to handbags.
- Old State House Museum- Famous for being the site of President Bill Clinton’s election night celebration in 1992.
- Riverfront Park- It is a downtown park with historic markers, playgrounds, sculptures, and trails.
- William J. Clinton Presidential Library and Museum
- Heifer Village- It is a place where visitors, often school groups, can learn about major global issues.
- Historic Arkansas Museum- It consists of several historic building.
- Arkansas Repertory Theatre
Where to stay?
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Little Rock-West- This hotel offers complimentary hot breakfast buffet daily, an indoor pool and whirlpool.
- Crowne Plaza Little Rock- This hotel is furnished with contemporary decor in each of the 244 guest rooms, 11 suites, and free parking, Free Internet.
- Courtyard Little Rock Downtown-It is very close to the Riverfront park, easy walk to many nice restaurants and convenient to The William J. Clinton Presidential Library.